Monday, February 28, 2011

Feeling Beachy

We've had some of the most fabulous weather and have spent three out of the last four afternoons at Daytona Beach.

Friday, Joe went on a long motorcycle ride with a group of guys and I had some errands to run.  But suddenly, the car developed a mind of it's own and drove me to the beach :)

The beach was pretty deserted -- yay for me!


Right before I left, this lady started feeding the seagulls and before you knew it, tons of them swooped down on her.  She tried to get away to her car but they just kept following her.  Poor woman -- but I couldn't help laughing...


Help help help


Saturday, we were in a Texas Hold'em tournament -- but Sunday afternoon Joe and I both went to the beach.  A little more crowded, but still a great day!

Now THIS is a beach chair!

Rotten Deb sending beach pictures
to her frozen KC friends


This morning I had my first stained glass class -- made a cute little sailboat.  It was fun and I think I'll try something more adventureous for my next project -- maybe a lampshade :-O  Although, that will take a long time to make so we'll see if I have the patience to get through it.

This afternoon got so warm, and we still had the beach chairs in the car, so what the heck -- we headed to the beach again!  It's a weekday, so the beach was nice and deserted again -- just a few vacationers playing and a few retired folks walking -- and we relaxed and read and listened to the ocean sounds.  It's great living so close to the beach!


Watching the ocean and waiting for our ship to come in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment